It’s Time Network is building the first national cross-sector network where individuals and organizations can join together in the spirit of collaborative leadership and collective impact to accelerate progress for women and girls. Through the Network City Program, individuals and organizations in the network will activate and engage their communities to work on projects that will protect and advance the rights of women and girls in their cities and beyond.
The goal of the Network City Program is to achieve measurable positive impact in the lives of women and girls at the local level in ways that would not be possible by acting alone.
Here's how the Network City Program works:
Evaluate Gender Equality in Each City
In each city, a Local Advisory Council comprised of local leaders and engaged individuals will develop a Women's Well-Being Index, which is a baseline report that evaluates the status of women and girls across a number of key issue areas, and gives the city a score in each area.
Design Collective Impact Projects
Each Local Advisory Council will use the Women's Well-Being Index for their city to determine which key issue areas to address first, and design collective impact projects that they will pursue to help improve the city's most pressing issues.
Make a Collective Impact to Accelerate Progress
The Local Advisory Council will invite a set of individuals and organizations to engage in in the collective impact project they have chosen, by contributing their time, skills or financial support, depending on what the project needs.
In modeling collective impact on the local level, we can engage in long-term, sustainable actions to support the advancement of women and girls, and inspire further collaborative action at the state, regional, national and global levels.
Network Cities in Development
It’s Time Network is currently launching its first Network City chapter in San Francisco.
In San Francisco, the Network City chapter will form a Local Advisory Council (LAC) comprised of a diverse group of individual and organizational leaders who represent the interests of women and girls across sectors. In modeling collective impact on the local level, we can engage in long-term, sustainable actions to support the advancement of women and girls, and inspire further collaborative action at the state, regional, national and global levels. The LAC will:
- Convene Mayors Roundtable events to discuss the status of women and girls at the local level, and the need for policy change.
- Commission a Baseline Report on the Status of Women and Girls at the local level.
- Map the network.
- Grow the network’s capacity for collective action and impact at the local level.
- Pursue and execute collective impact projects.
- Design and conduct additional initiatives, campaigns, and projects that are aligned with It’s Time Network’s mission, vision and values.
- Participate in national activities that are aligned with the overall mission, vision, values and goals of It’s Time Network.