Thank you for your interest in starting a Network City chapter in your city! We are excited to partner with local leaders to develop a national network and infrastructure to advance gender equality. Here's how it works:
What is the Network City Program?
It’s Time Network is building the Network City Program to be the first national cross-sector network where individuals and organizations can join together to accelerate progress for women and girls through collective action. The goal of the Network City Program is to achieve measurable positive impact in the lives of women and girls at the local level in ways that would not be possible by individuals and organizations acting alone.
In cities with Network City chapters, Local Advisory Councils will work with local stakeholders to support advancing women’s leadership, gender partnership and collaboration across all sectors. Through the Network City Program, individuals and organizations in the network will activate and engage their communities to work on projects that will protect and advance the rights of women and girls in their cities and beyond.
How will It's Time Network support your chapter?
As the backbone organization for the Network City Program, It's Time Network will provide dedicated resources to all Network City chapters, including:
- Fundraising assistance
- Fiscal management
- Technical assistance with program development
- Access to our technology and digital marketing platforms, including website and social media channels
- A dashboard of tools such as the Mayors Guide for Accelerating Gender Equality and tools to collect data and develop a baseline analysis of need in your community
- Access to our national network of thought leaders and engaged citizens who are working for gender equity
What do I need to do to start a chapter in my city?
To start a Network City chapter in your city, you will need to:
- Have a minimum of three of potential Local Advisory Council participants ready to launch the chapter with you
- Secure pledges for funds to meet the minimum required budget of $75,000 - here's why
If you're ready to take the lead on advancing gender equity in your city, here's how you can start the process of launching a Network City chapter:
- Learn more about how the Network City Program works here, and the activities your chapter will lead here
- Complete the information request form below
- A member of the It's Time Network team will follow up with you to discuss next steps
We look forward to learning about you and discussing how you can join this growing network!