This website (www.itstimenetwork.org) is provided by It’s Time Network, Inc. (“It’s Time Network”), and 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and we are hosted in the United States.
Your privacy is very important to us, and we make commercially reasonable efforts to properly safeguard personally identifiable information you provide to us. Practical considerations and the existing legal, regulatory and security environment, mean we cannot guarantee your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. No system can be guaranteed 100% secure. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you that may be in our possession to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials if necessary and appropriate.
WE UPDATE REGULARLY.
WE COLLECT DATA FROM YOU.
We do not market to or knowingly collect data from children under the age of 13. Please do not visit our site if you are under 13. If you are over 13 but still a minor (under 18), please ask your parent or guardian for permission before visiting our site.
There are lots of ways we collect data. Here are some activities you can or will soon be able to engage in on our site that provide us with data
- submit an inquiry or registration form
- sign up for newsletters
- use our referral links to drive friends to our site
- send us feedback about our Mayors Guide and other content on the site
- apply to be a partner organization
- submit your local events to be featured on our calendars
- make a donation
- sign an online petition
- participate in some of the online activities we run from time to time
- subscribe to one of our online services, such as the newsletter or pop-up events
- use this website, generally
- provide comments and other materials and otherwise communicate with us through the website or on social media
- provide details about yourself to us through participation in our events
- visit our social media pages and comment or send us message
- provide information about yourself publicly to other websites we may visit, including social media sites
HERE’S WHAT WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU.
There are lots of ways you can get involved with It’s Time Network, and depending upon how you use the site, we ask you for, collect, and store a variety of information about you. For instance, if you want to participate in our Network City Program, we’ll ask you for your first and last name, your mailing address, your company or organization name, your job title, your organization type, your primary area of service, and your website, for example. We also request that you describe your services and why you want to be part of the program. If you just want to make a donation, we’ll ask you for your first and last name, address and phone number, and information about whether your donation is in honor of someone. Please note that in every case where we ask you for a friend’s email address, it is not mandatory for you to provide such information, and you should have the permission of the friend before providing it to us. If you make a donation, you will also have the option of having your name and image posted on our site, and we will collect that information accordingly.
Other information we may request and/or collect, depending upon how you use the site includes:
- first and last name
- user handles on social media sites
- postal address
- landline and/or mobile phone numbers
- e-mail address
- work information
- causes you support
- if you make a donation, payment details such as credit card information (as with other data, credit card information is held in a secure environment and is retained only for as long as is required to process your gift)
- website usage data, time data, and technical information such as your browser type and IP address, along with the site you most recently came from
- information about the device you are using
- other information you may provide to us from time to time
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION.
There are lots of reasons we collect your personal information, and we outline them below. Our goal is always to collect personal information from you in a fair, reasonable and lawful manner. Unless you give us permission for other purposes, we use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- providing you with personalized service;
- operating this website and understanding its use for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- managing and processing inquiries, registrations, donations and other interactions with you;
- forwarding petitions you have signed to advocacy targets;
- providing you with information about services we offer such as events and pop-up gatherings, newsletters, breaking news, reports, and other information, and informing you of other relevant It’s Time Network activities and campaigns. We will not send you such information if you object to receiving it from us or if applicable local law does not permit us to send such information to you. Please see our “YOU HAVE CHOICES AND WE RESPECT THEM” section below if you do not wish to receive such information;
- other marketing purposes where you have given us permission (if that permission is required by applicable law);
- sharing your contact information with our affiliates and third party organizations we feel could be of interest to you;
- sharing the information you provided us with third party service providers who help us to provide our services and operate, including but not limited to our text messaging and email managers. Whenever possible, we try to share information subject to an agreement with each such service provider, requiring such service provider to comply with data protection requirements. We use service providers, which may change from time to time, (among others) to:
- process donations;
- operate our websites and other IT systems;
- administer our e-mail lists;
- offer publications or other products for sale on our site, for which in some cases you may automatically be directed away from our website to our third-party service providers;
- complying with applicable laws and regulations
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
We may aggregate information you and others provide us so it does not personally identify you, and share that aggregate information it with third parties in furtherance of our mission. For instance, we may aggregate information contained in our databases about a specific geographic area and share it with event organizers in that area. That information would not contain your personal data.
We may share information that personally identifies you with It’s Time Network affiliates. It’s Time Network recognizes the importance of the protection of personal information and we make commercially reasonable efforts to make sure any affiliates we share information with comply with our privacy guidelines. We transparently post all of our affiliates on our website. Affiliates are distinct from partners of It’s Time Network.
Companies may be engaged by It’s Time Network to perform a variety of functions, such as assisting with donation collection, or providing technical internet services, working to further our goals. These companies may have access to personal information collected but these companies cannot use the information for any other purpose.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as it is required to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any valid law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a public safety matter, to protect and defend the legal rights or property of It’s Time Network, our site or its users, or any other party, or in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our users or the general public.
SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS, PROMOTIONS.
From time to time, we may offer various promotions that require registration by you. These promotions may contain special privacy guidelines that supplement or even replace the terms in this policy. Please read them carefully. By participating in a promotion of any kind, you are agreeing to the provisions, conditions, or official rules that govern it. This may include specific requirements of you. For instance, you may be required to agree to let the sponsor (It’s Time Network, or a network affiliate) use your name, voice, likeness and other identifying information in advertising or marketing materials). If you choose to enter a the promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the promotion’s terms or official rules (such as on a winners list).
WHEN YOU MAKE A DONATION.
We use a third party vendor to process credit card payments made through the site and to store associated payment data, so It’s Time Network does not directly collect such credit card information, nor do we store or have access to credit card information submitted online. For donations made offline, we may directly collect, store or have access to credit card information for processing payments.
WHEN YOU GET SOCIAL.
WHEN WE GET SOCIAL.
From time to time, our site may contain links to external websites, such as news sites, other programs and institutions, other nongovernmental organizations or other relevant entities. We do not monitor or control the information collection or privacy practices of these or any other third parties, and are not responsible for their practices or the content of their websites. Please review the privacy policies of such third parties to understand how they collect and use information.
IF WE CHANGE STATUS.
In the event we go through a transition (such as a merger with another non-profit, acquisition, dissolution or sale of all or a portion of our assets, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process), your information may be among the assets transferred. By providing your information, you agree that we may transfer such information to the acquiring entity without your further consent.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
Do Not Track. This site does not alter its practices when it receives a “do not track” signal from an internet browser. Please see https://allaboutdnt.com/ for more information on what “do not track” mean.
California Eraser Law. If you are a minor and you have posted content (or see content posted about you) that you cannot remove yourself, you may send a “take-down” request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide us with a direct link to the information, along with your full name, your state of residence, and your age at the time you posted it. We will remove the content from view.
California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by It’s Time Network to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com, or write us at Privacy at It’s Time Network P.O. Box 189, San Anselmo, CA 94979.
YOU HAVE CHOICES AND WE RESPECT THEM.
We hope you will continue to stay connected with us. You’re the reason we exist. If you like, you may request that we remove you from our commercial mailings by simply following the “unsubscribe” content contained in every email we send via our database program. You may also request that we delete information you have provided us (for instance, if you made a donation or signed up for a newsletter) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name, and the email associated with information you provided. Because many people have the same name, you must provide the email address along with your name. If you believe you have more than one email address associated with us, please provide both; we have no way of cross checking.
Please note that even when you opt out of receiving certain marketing communications from us, we may keep information you update or change for our administrative purposes. Please note that for technical reasons, it’s not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases, and residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
If you have signed up for a one-time text message, your information will be used for that purpose only and not stored. If you have signed up to receive text messages on an ongoing basis, we store your information and will only contact you based upon the frequency for which you opted in to text message alerts. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to make sure you are not inundated with unwanted text messages from us.
All group text messages notifying you of events will be sent with an autodialer, and only with your express written consent. In the event we ever offer a special promotional offer by text, you will be allowed to receive this promotional offer through other digital means. If you no longer wish to receive text messages, you may reply STOP to any text message you receive or send the word STOP to the short code associated with that campaign. By doing so, you will automatically be dropped and not texted to again unless you expressly re-opt in to receive text messages.
If you have allowed it, we may share your mobile number with our affiliates. For instance, if we are running a campaign in which we request that you sign up for text alerts to participate in a march, we will state that this information may be shared with another party at the outset, so you have an opportunity to agree to the sharing.
DID WE ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS?
Privacy at It’s Time Network
P.O. Box 189
San Anselmo, CA 94979